Intellectual Property Law, Bio-Tech Industry, Commercial Law, Corporate Law, Health Law, Information Access Law, Information Technology Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Privacy Law
Bradley J. Freedman is a partner at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the Vancouver office Intellectual Property and Technology Law Practice Leader.
He focuses on technology, intellectual property, the internet, and electronic commerce.
Bradley has appeared as counsel before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Trade-marks Opposition Board, and international commercial arbitration tribunals.
- Domain Name Dispute Arbitrator for the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Domain Name Dispute Arbitrator for the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre
Professional and Other Activities
- Martindale-Hubbell BV Peer Review Rating
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Information Technology Law/Intellectual Property Law)
- Recognized in the 2010 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Technology Transactions)
- Past Adjunct Professor of Law and lecturer at the University of British Columbia Law School, and is currently Associate Instructor at the University of British Columbia Department of Continuing Education – Internet Law
- Frequent author and speaker. His recent publications include: Internet Law’ (Chapter) in Annual Review of Law & Practice, 2009, Technology Agreements; selected issues, 2009, Consolidated Electronic Commerce Statutes and regulations with related materials, Thomson Carswell 2008, Domain Name Disputes (Chapter) in Consolidated Intellectual Property Statutes and Regulations with Related Materials, Thomson Carswell 2008, Trademark Litigation, 2007, ‘Electronic Contracts – A Practical Guide,’ in Legal Issues in Electronic Commerce, 2nd edition, Captus Press, 2005, Trade-mark Litigation in Canada, (McGill/IPIC Introductory Trade-mark Course), ‘Discovery Of Electronic Records Under Canadian Law- A Practical Guide,’ (2004) 18.1 Intellectual Property Journal
- Advisory board member for, and frequent contributor to, Butterworth’s Internet and E-Commerce law in Canada
- Member and former director of the Information Technology Law Association of Canada (IT.Can)
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association , American Bar Association, and Informational Technology Law Association
University of British Columbia, LL.B. 1986
University of California, Berkeley, LL.M 1990