Intellectual Property Law, International Trade Law
Rodolfo Rivas has over 15 years of experience working across various organizations including the WTO and WIPO. For the last six years he has been at the Mission of Israel to the WTO and he currently serves as Senior Counsellor Economic & Legal Affairs, where he participated in the negotiation and conclusion of three international agreements: the Trade Facilitation Agreement; the revised Government Procurement Agreement, and the expansion of the Information Technology Agreement. He is a member of the WTO List of Panelists to hear WTO disputes. Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Database of Arbitrators. Domain Name Panelist at the Czech Arbitration Court (ADR.EU), the Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (ADNDRC), and the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC). URS Examiner at MFSD IP Dispute Resolution Center. Rodolfo Rivas managed docket of over 250 domain name disputes under strict deadlines at WIPO’s Arbitration and Mediation Center. He also assigned and oversaw over 3,000 cases to multinational legal staff of 20. He is a regular speaker at various international academic and professional events on IP and dispute settlement. He has participated as panelist in the CAC’s Domain Disputes Panelist meeting. As a panelist, he has decided 16 UDRP cases and 2 URS matters.
Professional and Other Activities
- Tarantinos in the Attic: A brief history of Quentin Tarantino’s use of trademarks in storytelling, Medium (July 2019).
- Book review of The Regulation of International Trade: Volume 1 GATT, Oxford Journal of International Economic Law (April 2018).
- A Brief Unified Theory of CSR under Milton Friedman, SSRN (September 2017). Available at: http://bit.ly/2zYJEhC
- Book review of Theories of International Politics and Zombies: Revived Edition, Oxford Journal of International Economic Law (December 2016).
- Quality Management as Implemented Through Intel’s ‘Copy Exactly!’, SSRN (October 20016).
- The WTO and the private sector: opportunities and benefits, ABOGADO CORPORATIVO (March 2013).
- Co-authorship with Serah Mutheu Mati, Corporate IP protection in Cyberspace, ABOGADO CORPORATIVO (May 2014).
- Copyright and Public Domain, MI PATENTE (October 2010).
University of London, London, United Kingdom in progress, expected 2019, MBA in International Management
Stanford Law School, Palo Alto, California, USA 2010, LL.M. Law, Science & Technology
Universitat d’Alacant, Alicante, Spain 2007, LL.M. in Intellectual Property (Magister Lvcentinvs)
Universidad Panamericana, Guadalajara, Mexico 2004, J.D. equivalent (Licenciado en Derecho)