Intellectual Property Law, Construction Law, Contract Law, Foreign Investment Law, General Civil Law, International Expropriation Law, International Law, Mining Industry, Partnership Disputes, Resource Industry, Transportation Law
Tina Cicchetti is a leading arbitration practitioner based in Vancouver, Canada. As of 1 September 2017, Tina practices as an independent Resident Neutral at Vancouver Arbitration Chambers (VAC). She has served as sole arbitrator and tribunal chair in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations. Tina also has extensive experience as counsel in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations.
Before joining VAC, Tina was a partner of Fasken, a Global Arbitration Review top 100 firm (GAR 100) in 2016 and 2017. Tina has more than 15 years of experience in the resolution of complex commercial disputes. From the beginning of her career, her focus has been on arbitration as a means of commercial dispute resolution. She is regularly asked to speak on the topics of arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, and has authored several articles on the subject. Since 2012 Tina has been a member of the Editorial Board of the Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Review.
From 2003 to 2011, Tina taught international commercial disputes as an Adjunct Professor at the UBC Faculty of Law. Tina has been involved in more than 15 International arbitration matters and been appointed as sole arbitrator and chair in disputes under the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Rules. She also has advised on matters under other arbitration rules including the, American Arbitration Association (AAA), International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA), Swiss Rules, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre (BCICAC).
Professional and Other Activities
- Chambers Global 2017 for Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- The Best Lawyers ® 2018 Vancouver International Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year”
- Who’s Who Legal Future Leaders – Arbitration 2017 – 2018
- Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2016 – 2018
- The Best Lawyers ® in Canada 2017 for International Arbitration
- Canadian Legal Lexpert ® Directory 2014- 2016 consistently recommended for International Commercial Arbitration
- Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US-Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers 2014 – 2015 for International Commercial Arbitration
- Expert Guides Rising Star 2015
- Lexpert®: Canada’s Leading Litigators 2014
- Named as a “litigation star” for arbitration in Canada by Benchmark Canada, 2013-2014
- Vice Chair, International Arbitration Committee of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce (ICC Canada)
- ICDR/AAA Panel Member
- Board Member, Western Canada Commercial Arbitration Society (WCCAS) (formerly WCART)
- Adjunct Professor, International Commercial Disputes, Faculty of Law, The University of British Columbia (2003 – 2011)
- Advisory Board Member, Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners
- NAFTA 2022 Advisory Committee
- Canadian Bar Association
LLB, University of British Columbia – 2000
BBA (Hons.), Simon Fraser University – 1996